zondag 13 maart 2011

Bird is the Word blog hop

Hi and welcome to your next stop in the Bird is the Word Blog Hop!
I'm so happy to see you here, I do hope you are enjoying this little hop and that you like this fortnights challenge word.

You should have arrived here from Kylie's blog but if you haven't you should go back to the beginning of the list so you won't miss out on all the fun.



Our new word is Imagine.


Join us by making a layout, card or any artsy project and link them up on the blog.
You have seen all the gorgeous projects of the Design Team so far






Mieke Nagtegaal (yep, that's me!)



well here's my project



I've created a canvas 40x50 cm instead of the usual layout.

This was so much fun! Will do this a lot more.

















First I started with Gesso on the canvas, then I used two colors of MM paint mixed with Gesso to build up a layer.

Then I got my basket of sprays and lots of Glimmer Mist gave that bit of shine to it.

A Tattered Angels Screen with Clearsnap Smooch Spritz was used for the swirl. Love that stuff. It came with my Donna Salazar kit. Awsome spritz!!

Then it was time to build up with papers (Donna Salazar Trunk in the Attic, Grandma's Garden and the Crafty Chronicle)

Other supplies used:
Distress Ink
Distress Stain
Glossy Accents
Dusty Attic Bird cage and butterfly
May Arts ribbon
Tim Holtz fragments
Twinklets Diamond Dust (see them on the roses?)
Prima Flowers Primrosa Woodland
Prima say it in pearls

Anyway, about the blog hop, to win the wonderful prize sponsored by Tidtitz in Time, a wonderful scrapbook kit, become a follower on the Bird is the Word blog and all the Designers.
Leave a comment on each blog and ofcourse tell us on the Bird is the Word that you've seen it all and what you think of it.


I too have a little RAK for you, if you become a follower of my blog or you already are one.

Also find me on Facebook.

The bloghop starts Sunday 13th of March at 11 pm European time and ends Thursday 17 th of March at 6 am European time. (wednesday midnight US time)

The winner of the big prize will be announced on the Bird is the Word blog and my RAK winner will be announced here after the blog hop so come back soon!


Thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking part in our blog hop,


Hugs,


Mieke




39 opmerkingen:

  1. Ooooh so pretty. I love this and it would look amazing on the wall. Yay, what a fun blog hop and I was first lol

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Wow Mieke! Thanks for your beautiful creation and for your hard work!! Your 40 x 50 canvas turned out amazing!!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Oh wow what a stunning canvas, this has been one of the best blog hops, each of you are so talented, I love the paint and gesso background and then the mask, wow, each area is so gorgeous, I am going to try one of these, how gorgeous is the diamond dust on the flower petals, so joining your blog list, amazing work, so glad I did the hop. Melxx

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. WOW! I love this, so many fab little elements to it! Thanks for having a blog hop xoxo

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. What a gorgeous canvas!! It sure looks like a lot of fun to put together :-)
    Have a great day!
    :-)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  6. this is so amazing and awesome ... full of yumminess !!! love all of it.. the design AND colours are just divine .... love your style, you have so much talent within you, I can tell ... big hugz xoxo

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  7. Hello Mieke!! Ohhh what a gr8 Idea.. Just love your Canvas, There is sooo much gorgeous details to this Canvas....
    I'm now a follower, hehehehe
    Enjoy the rest of your Week!!!!!
    XXX

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  8. This is GORGEOUS! I loveeeeee the masking and the flowers! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  9. Beautiful. Love all the layers and textures.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  10. Hey Mieke!!! You are probably FAST asleep while we are all blog hopping today ..LOL! This is simply amazing and I couldnt wait to see it after you mentioned it in your emails! I am so glad you did an altered project like this!..The detail is just amazing . ..wow!!! Take care and hope all is well...Nadia.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  11. Gorgeous canvas Mieke.. loving all the shabby chic embellishments and your misting is beautiful!! Have a fab day :)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  12. Your masking on your layout is stunning! TFS such beautiful inspiration!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  13. Pretty!! I have not used cardboard yet on any of my LO's, but I love the look of it. I am going to have to use some :)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  14. This is just gorgeous. Love all the details. Thanks for sharing. I'm a new follower.

    vwilson577 at yahoo.com

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  15. Wow, it is totally gorgeous! I love all the techniques that you used here. This canvas will look beautiful in any room:)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  16. Beautiful canvas, magical!
    love the misting! (what did we do before mists???? LOL)
    your embellishments and layers are gorgeous....
    thank you for sharing!
    I too have become a follower!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  17. Absolutely Gorgeous Canvas and Great Inspiration!!! Fantastic Blog Hop too!
    Lou x

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  18. Amazing! I love all the details!!!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  19. Awesome idea!!! Your canvas looks fantastic :)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  20. Great project.

    craftymom205 at yahoo dot com

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  21. sp much to look at in all that detail on this beautiful canvas

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  22. Hi Mieke! I am already a follower! Your work is amazing!!! Thank you for the giveaway!!!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  23. What an awesome idea! Love all the little elements on this! Beautiful! Added you to follow in my Google.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  24. thats absolutely gorgeous! thanks for being so generous! love the blog hop and love that I found your blog! will be following you! xo Danielle

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  25. this is so lovely! I am now a follower and cant wait to find more inspiration here!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  26. Beautiful card! Thanks for the opportunity!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  27. hi Mieke!!!!!!your canvas is very nice!!!!!!!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  28. Wow, your canvas is beautiful. It is a work of art. All the lovely details and papers you chose are simply beautiful. This blog hop was so much fun thank you for your inspiration.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  29. great work! It has a romantic collage element of style...lovely! I'll be following you ;)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  30. WOW Love this LO the flowers look fab.... you worked well using the canvas.. i will be happy to follow you if your LO are like this WOW love it
    TONI
    XOXOXOX

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  31. Jeetje wat mooi geworden Mieke. En ook jeetje, wat een reacties roept 'ie op LOL! Erg mooi gedaan en dat zonder foto, vind ik onwijs knap. Super!!
    Groetjes, Stefanie

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  32. wow!!! beautiful canvas... many techniques... wonderful result!!
    thank you for sharing it with us...and for our gift!!!!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  33. wow the canvas is STUNNING!!!! I have come across your Blog in the Blog hop from Bird is the Word :D

    Kristal

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  34. a work of art! Congrats!
    Thank you for the giveaway :-)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  35. Newly inspired and new follower!!!! When I see Donna Salazar products and the Canvas art Imagine together with your beautiful skills and style...I follow!!! lol The diamond dusts, screens, mists, and embellishments...what a wonderful choice! What a wonderful Donna line to use in this blog hop!!! Thanks Mickey for inspiring me today! In such a great way!!!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  36. It was about time I became a follower, right?

    I love everything about this canvas; the design, the mix of pructs, the general style. TFS, Mieke!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  37. Ha Miek!! Toch nog op tijd!!! I promised you I would hop so here I am!! LOVE your canvas, it's so unique! and of course I follow your blog.... I think I was the first???
    Big hug!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen

Thanks for leaving me a note!